- welding of aluminium and its alloys;
- welding of copper and copper alloys;
- welding of stainless steel;
- welding and building-up of cast iron;
- restoration of worn-out parts by build-up;
- welding of dissimilar steels;
- welding cast iron with steel;
- build-up of rotation bodies and flat parts.
- consultation on types of welding;
- development of our own welding and build-up technologies.
Achievements in work
The Chief Welder’s Department, concerned with protection of metal against corrosion, now has developed the following working standards.
- STP CMC 05-36-09 Protection against Corrosion and Fouling. Quality control of vessels painting at docks.
- STP 09-37-09. Occupational safety standards system. Cleaning, painting, insulating and finishing works. Safety requirements.
- STP05-28-08 Guidelines for protection of ballast and cargo ballast tanks of vessels against corrosion.