Chopping and sawing line
The Optimist Group offers a sawing technology that differs from the conventional one. We chop the entire peripheral (humpback) part of the log into chips, while the central part is sawn into clean-cut boards.
There are prototypes (analogues) in Russia: LAPB-2 (Vologda Machine-Tool Plant), FBS-750 (Krasnoflot machine-building plant), UV-16 (Karl Liebknecht plant, St. Petersburg), Termite (Kirov), LFP(T) (Vologda).
Our main advantage is the use of original tapered end mills in addition to conventional saws. This allows a drastic increase in the feed rate during milling with the production of high-quality process chips (log debarking is required).
Technical specifications of FBL-18
FPL-18 line capacity (raw material) – 150 m3/shift
Sawdust and wood chips account for approx. 50% of the volume
- solid waste volume = 0.5∙150 ≈ 75 m3/shift;
- Bulk waste volume = 3∙Vpl. = 3∙75 = 225 m3/shift
Required quantity of raw materials (per 1 shift)
- X = 150 m3/cm∙250∙0.6 = 22500 m3 Here 0.6 is the average load factor per year
This raw material is used to produce:
- Lumber = 0.4∙X = 0.4∙22500 = 9000 m3
- bulk wood chips and sawdust = 0.5∙3∙X = 33750 m3/year bulk waste or 225 m3/shift
Cost of materials received
- 54,000,000 roubles/year
- 6,750,000 roubles/year (waste)
- raw material = 22500∙1200 = 27 000 000 roubles
- Electricity = 7 RUB ∙160∙8∙250 = 2,240,000
- salary = 5 persons ∙25000∙12 = 1,500,000 roubles
- taxes ≈ 3,000,000 roubles.
- Spare parts + tool = 2 500 000 roubles.
- value of the building = 10,000,000 roubles.
- cost of the line ≈ 8 000 000 roubles
Profit = 16,510,000 – from the sawmill is a very good figure, the line pays for itself in a year of operation.